NATASHA SOLOMONS – Thursday 4th November 2010
Natasha Solomons, author of ‘Mr Rosenblum’s List’, joined us last night for supper at Frinton Golf Club. She talked about her enormously successful debut novel and also gave us an outline of her new novel due out next April. She was absolutely delightful and we would like to thank her on behalf of all our guests who thoroughly enjoyed the event.
BARBARA ERSKINE – Thursday 14th October 2010
Our first Wine and Canapés evening proved a huge success with Barbara reading extracts from her latest book ‘Time’s Legacy’ and mingling with the guests. Many thanks to Barbara and also of course Jo and Bryan Beattie for hosting the event at The Cookery Workshop and providing such delicious canapés.
The Festival’s Annual Fundraising Quiz takes place on:
Friday 10th September at 7.30pm in the McGrigor Hall.
Hosted this year by Quiz Master Edward Max.
Tables of 6 are invited at a cost of £5 per person to include a light supper. Wine and soft drinks will be on sale.
Programme now complete for 24th-26th September:
- Friday 24th – Dan Cruickshank
- Saturday lunch – Carol Drinkwater
- Saturday evening – Reading Group event with authors Marika Cobbold and Jane Rusbridge
- Sunday Afternoon Tea with Barbara Trapido
See Literary Festival Tab for full details.
Debbie Watling’s signing last Saturday, 14th August, was great. Here is a picture of Debbie with an old school friend Olga, who was delighted to catch up after quite a few years!
The programme is now almost finalised and tickets will go on sale at the shop next week. Please see Festival tab for full details.
IBW is going well. We had very successful bedtime story session in the shop on Wednesday, see the photographs on the activities page.
Wally has been hiding in the independent shops in the avenue all week and somewhere new in Caxtons each day. Children have been busy searching the shops all week hoping to win the prize for finding the most Wally hiding places when they meet Wally in person here next Tuesday 22nd June at 4.00 p.m.
14th – 22nd June 2010
To celebrate IBW we have arranged lots of exciting activities for children and Adults including:
- Where’s Wally? – Wally will be hiding in various shops in Connaught Avenue all week and somewhere different in the bookshop every day.
- Meet Wally – on Tuesday 22nd June and Wally will be awarding prizes to those children who found the most Wally hiding places.
- Bedtime Story – Wednesday 16th June at 5pm in the shop
- Do Dad’s Doodle? – Doodlemania for all in the shop on Saturday 19th June at 11am.
- Martin Newell – Tuesday 15th June at 5.30pm in the shop.
- The Launch of our ‘Ladies who Lunch…and Read’ Club – Friday 18th June at Piatto’s
- SAS Operation Galia – author Rob Hann will be talking about his book on Friday 18th June at 6pm in the shop.
For more information, check out the activities page!
Georgina Harding joined us for an evening at Piatto’s restaurant on the 13th May for supper and a very entertaining talk about her latest book, The Spy Game. The evening was great fun and as always it was fascinating to hear Georgina talk about the process of writing her book.
See photos on our Activities Page
ANYA ASHE joined us last Saturday 1st May at 11.00 a.m. to sign copies of her first novel A Ticket to Malta. It was a successful signing and many of the people who came had connections to Malta and enjoyed meeting her and talking about the book and sharing their experiences