Programme now complete for 24th-26th September:
- Friday 24th – Dan Cruickshank
- Saturday lunch – Carol Drinkwater
- Saturday evening – Reading Group event with authors Marika Cobbold and Jane Rusbridge
- Sunday Afternoon Tea with Barbara Trapido
See Literary Festival Tab for full details.
Debbie Watling’s signing last Saturday, 14th August, was great. Here is a picture of Debbie with an old school friend Olga, who was delighted to catch up after quite a few years!
The programme is now almost finalised and tickets will go on sale at the shop next week. Please see Festival tab for full details.
IBW is going well. We had very successful bedtime story session in the shop on Wednesday, see the photographs on the activities page.
Wally has been hiding in the independent shops in the avenue all week and somewhere new in Caxtons each day. Children have been busy searching the shops all week hoping to win the prize for finding the most Wally hiding places when they meet Wally in person here next Tuesday 22nd June at 4.00 p.m.
14th – 22nd June 2010
To celebrate IBW we have arranged lots of exciting activities for children and Adults including:
- Where’s Wally? – Wally will be hiding in various shops in Connaught Avenue all week and somewhere different in the bookshop every day.
- Meet Wally – on Tuesday 22nd June and Wally will be awarding prizes to those children who found the most Wally hiding places.
- Bedtime Story – Wednesday 16th June at 5pm in the shop
- Do Dad’s Doodle? – Doodlemania for all in the shop on Saturday 19th June at 11am.
- Martin Newell – Tuesday 15th June at 5.30pm in the shop.
- The Launch of our ‘Ladies who Lunch…and Read’ Club – Friday 18th June at Piatto’s
- SAS Operation Galia – author Rob Hann will be talking about his book on Friday 18th June at 6pm in the shop.
For more information, check out the activities page!
Georgina Harding joined us for an evening at Piatto’s restaurant on the 13th May for supper and a very entertaining talk about her latest book, The Spy Game. The evening was great fun and as always it was fascinating to hear Georgina talk about the process of writing her book.
See photos on our Activities Page
ANYA ASHE joined us last Saturday 1st May at 11.00 a.m. to sign copies of her first novel A Ticket to Malta. It was a successful signing and many of the people who came had connections to Malta and enjoyed meeting her and talking about the book and sharing their experiences
We are soon to be venturing into the world of Stationery with a beautiful range of notebooks and diaries by Liberty, Moleskine, Cole & Son and Tricha Guild,
Judith and Sally would like to welcome you to our long overdue website. We finally made it into the 21st century!
Calling all local book clubs!
This year we are hoping to organize some author events, with authors coming to talk to us about their books. We thought this would be an exciting opportunity for local book clubs to come together and exchange views and ideas. If you are a member of a book club locally we would like to invite you to register your contact details with us so that we can keep you in touch with any forthcoming events.